A rare opportunity, this conference is for all who use journal writing for healing, growth and change including teachers, therapist, coaches, group facilitators as well as journal writers with any level of experience. Limited space available. For details and registration for all 4 days or single-day options, go to http://journaltherapy.com
Kay Adams, celebrating her 30 years as a pioneer in the field of journal therapy and journal writing, welcomes Natasha Trethewey, former Poet Laureate and Pulitzer Prize winner, to Kanuga Saturday, May 21, 2016 for an unforgettable poetry reading and discussion of the writing life.
Join us for Journal Conference 2016 as we gather with the pioneers of the past, present, and future! It’s a four-day celebration of All Things Journal, starting with optional pre-conference workshops on Thursday, May 19 (all workshops are half-day, so you can choose any one or two) and continuing with a bounty of 90-minute and 3-hour breakout workshops and two keynote speakers.
This Conference is for YOU, if You Are:
- A journal writer of any level of experience
- A therapist, coach, facilitator, or helping professional who uses journals with clients
- A teacher or instructor of writing or journal writing
- A student/alumni at the Therapeutic Writing Institute, a member of the Journalverse, or a certified instructor of Journal to the Self® workshops
- Interested in the use of journal writing for healing, growth, and change
- Kay Adams, A Pioneer celebrates the power of Journal Writing over thirty years
- Natasha Trethewey, 2007 Pulitzer Prize winner and 2012-14 US Poet Laureate
Pre-Conference Workshops (Thursday, May 19):
- Christina Baldwin, author of Life’s Companion and Storycatcher
- Ann Linnea, author of Deep Water Passage and partner with Christina Baldwin in PeerSpirit®
- Judy Reeves, the Lively Muse, author of A Writer’s Book of Days and Wild Women Writing
- Richard Gold, author of Writing with At-Risk Youth and founder/director of the Pongo Teen Writing Project
- Linda Joy Myers, author of The Power of Memoir and founder/director of the National Association for Memoir Writers
- I will be leading a trip to Carl Sandburg’s home in nearby Flat Rock, NC where we’ll have a guided tour plus time for personal writing on spots where Carl wrote for many years toward the end of his life.